Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce – A Burst of Citrusy Delight
Hey there, fellow chicken and lemon enthusiasts! I want to share with you the recipe, inspired by Taste of Home, that combines the succulent flavors of chicken with the zesty tang of lemon. If you’re a fan of this dynamic duo like I am, you’re in for a treat! Today, I’ll be sharing with you the delightful recipe for Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce. Trust me, this dish is a surefire way to elevate your taste buds to new heights of culinary bliss. So, grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
To get started, gather the following ingredients:
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons + 1/4 cup of dry white wine or chicken broth, split into two portions
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg substitute, 2 tablespoons of wine or chicken broth, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, minced garlic, and hot pepper sauce. This aromatic mixture will infuse the chicken with a burst of flavor.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and salt. This savory blend will coat the chicken, creating a crispy and golden exterior.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg mixture, allowing any excess to drip off, and then coat it with the flour mixture. Make sure to coat both sides evenly, ensuring maximum flavor in every bite.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add four chicken breasts at a time and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat this process with the remaining chicken breasts, adding more oil as needed.
- Once all the chicken breasts are cooked, remove them from the skillet and keep them warm.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup of wine or chicken broth and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly to incorporate all the flavors.
- Return the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing them to soak up the luscious lemon sauce.
- Serve the Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce hot, garnished with fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice for an extra burst of citrusy goodness.
Voila! You’ve just created a masterpiece that will tantalize your taste buds and impress your dinner guests. The combination of tender chicken, crispy coating, and tangy lemon sauce is truly a match made in culinary heaven. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a kitchen novice, this Chicken Piccata with Lemon Sauce recipe is sure to become a favorite in your repertoire. So, don’t hesitate to give it a try and experience a burst of citrusy delight with every bite. Bon appétit!