Delicious and Easy-to-Make Pumpkin Spice Bars: A Fall Treat
It’s the perfect time to indulge in the warm, cozy flavors of fall. One delightful treat that captures the essence of the season is pumpkin spice bars. These bars are a wonderful combination of moist pumpkin goodness and a spiced cream cheese frosting that makes them absolutely irresistible. In this article, we’ll guide you through the steps to create these delectable pumpkin spice bars, perfect for those casual gatherings or just a cozy evening at home. So, let’s dive into this delightful recipe!
To get started, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup of packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Baking spray with flour
Making the Pumpkin Spice Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the Wet Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- Add the Dry Ingredients: Add the all-purpose flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt to the mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Grease the Baking Pan: Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking pan with baking spray that includes flour. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth it with a spatula.
- Bake the Bars: Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow it to cool completely in the pan.
Making the Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat the Cream Cheese: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add Butter and Spices: Add the softened butter, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat until the mixture is well combined and creamy.
- Add Powdered Sugar: Reduce the mixer’s speed to low and gradually add the powdered sugar. Then, increase the speed to medium-high and beat until the frosting becomes fluffy, which should take about 1 minute.
Assembling Your Pumpkin Spice Bars
- Frost the Bars: Spread the spiced cream cheese frosting on top of the cake once it has cooled.
- Cut and Serve: Cut the cake into squares and serve.
- Storage: Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge, as the frosting may soften.
This fantastic pumpkin spice bar recipe was inspired by The Pioneer Woman. Pumpkin spice bars are a true celebration of the fall season. They are not only easy to make but also incredibly delicious. The combination of moist pumpkin cake and spiced cream cheese frosting will surely satisfy your cravings for all things autumn. So, go ahead and give this recipe a try, and let the flavors of fall fill your home with warmth and happiness. Enjoy your homemade pumpkin spice bars!