This is how I start my hydrangeas. Pool noodles work great
Here are the steps:
- Start with a new stem: one that hasn’t bloomed yet.
- Cut at an angle right below a node, say 4 or 6 leaves down.
- Pinch off the lower leaves, and put in water.
- Wait for several weeks. You won’t see roots, but the plant will be really green and “fresh” looking.
- Take the stem, and dip it in rooting powder. Be sure to cover each node (that’s where the roots will pop out)
- Plant it in good potting soil, and keep it in the shade, and well watered.
- It’s fun to give to friends in a little pot with a ribbon on it.
Hope this helps and answers some questions.
Loves, my friends.
Via Sheri Dbs