19 Random Yet Useful Beauty Hacks
You probably know at least a couple health or beauty hacks you learned from your mother or grandmother. I know I do! It always amazes me that these hacks truly do work, even if they sound a little odd at first. Here are 19 health and beauty hacks that might surprise you, but actually work!
- Budweiser beer conditions hair.
- Pam cooking spray will dry fingernail polish.
- CoolWhip will condition your hair in 15 minutes.
- Mayonnaise will kill lice. It will also condition your hair.
- Elmer’s Glue: Paint it on your face, allow it to dry, peel it off, and see the dead skin and blackheads come off.
- For shiny hair, use brewed Lipton tea.
- To treat a sunburn, empty a large jar of Nestea into your bath water.
- For a minor burn, use Colgate or Crest toothpaste.
- Burn your tongue? Put sugar on it!
- Arthritis? WD-40 spray and rub it in (kills insect stings, too).
- For bee stings, use meat tenderizer.
- For chigger (berry bug) bites, use Preparation H.
- For puffy eyes, use Preparation H.
- For paper cuts, use crazy glue or ChapStick (glue is used instead of sutures at most hospitals).
- For stinky feet, use Jello!
- For athlete’s foot, use cornstarch.
- For fungus on toenails or fingernails, use Vicks VapoRub.
- Use Kool-Aid to clean dishwasher pipes. Just put it in the detergent section and run a cycle. It will also clean a toilet.
- Kool-Aid can also be used as dye in paint (use Kool-Aid in Danone plain yoghurt as kids’ finger paint!).