100-Year-Old Life Hacks That Are Still Relevant Today
It’s safe to say that our parents and grandparents have a lot of wisdom to bestow upon us. I’ve learned so many tips and pieces of advice from my mother that I still put into practice on a daily basis. The life hacks we’re about to share with you may be 100 years old, but they’re still just as effective and relevant today.
The New York Public Library released a set of images that were found in Gallaher cigarette boxes in the early 1900s. Each cigarette box contained a card describing a piece of advice. We’ve decided to compile the most helpful ones, so you can pass them on to yet another generation!
1. How To Separate Glass Tumblers
2. How To Boil Potatoes
3. How To Treat Sprains
4. How To Light A Match In The Wind
5. How To Pick Up Broken Glass
6. How To Remove A Tight Ring
7. How To Clean Real Lace
8. How To Make A Simple Gate Latch
9. How To Cool Wine Without Ice
10. How To Kill A Tree Stump
11. How To Bandage A Foot
12. How To Extract A Splinter
13. How To Revive Cut Flowers
14. How To Judge The Weather
Click here to see even more of these curious yet clever cards!