Festive Seafood Dinners to Make for Holiday Gatherings this Season
If you’re dreaming about sandy beaches and blue waters this holiday season, why not cook up a seafood extravaganza for your holiday gathering? You’ll be delighted to find that you can easily serve seafood alongside traditional dishes such as dressing or green bean casserole. In fact, the flavors pair remarkably well together. But what seafood dinners are destined to please on your table this season?
Check out these best seafood dinner ideals for holiday gatherings:
Get the Party Started
Seafood starters are an elegant and delicious addition to any meal. Indeed, your guests will love scrumptious seafood appetizers such as crab cakes or lobster cakes with papaya mayonnaise. Baby, it’s cold outside! How about a rich, creamy seafood bisque? Consider serving a platter of shrimp with a variety of dipping sauces. Choose dinner recipes that offer quick and easy preparation, and you’ll enjoy less time in the kitchen and more time with your friends!
Celebrate with a Feast of the Seven Fishes
Did someone say salmon? Yes, you can have salmon — or any other fish, for that matter — for your Feast of the Seven Fishes. It’s your holiday party, so serve up 7 of your favorite seafood dishes for this fancy feast. And if you’re wondering what should be on the menu for your 7-course meal, here’s a sampling you might like that’s listed in order of how it should be served.
- Hors d’oeuvre: Rolled scallops — You’ll love these bacon-wrapped bites.
- Soup: Lobster Bisque — Serve a bisque for a creamy and smooth soup that can be made using any type of seafood meat.
- Appetizer: Crab Legs — You can make crab legs in about 15 minutes!
- Salad: Serve a Caesar or house salad with plenty of toppings like shredded cheese, feta, and tomatoes. Add shrimp for a meaty delight.
- Main course: Serve fish of your choice with a side dish of pasta or rice.
- Dessert: Fruit kebabs are a healthy and tasty treat that complements a seafood dinner. If you’re a cake lover, how about strawberry shortcake with whipped topping?
- Mignardise: These miniature pastries, aka petit fours, are delicious with coffee after your dessert.
Make it a Seafood Dinner with Traditional Sides
Now that’s one way to throw off your guests if you’re keeping the menu under wraps! You really can have the best of both worlds when you combine traditional dishes with your seafood feast. How about serving bacon-wrapped green beans or au gratin mashed potatoes with lobster tails? Add a crusty, French bread loaf to the meal. For an end note, how about a fruit pie or crisp? Blueberries are a healthy and delicious choice for baking desserts and don’t forget a warm cup of Joe!
Serve a Seafood Buffet
If you’re feeling adventurous, why not set up a seafood buffet and serve a little bit of everything? Sometimes, it’s just hard to decide on only one main dish, especially when easy-to-make shrimp scampi with angel-hair pasta is on the menu. Go ahead and prepare more than a few of your favorite seafood dishes. With the convenience of frozen seafood delivery, you’ll have plenty of seafood choices to complete your menu. From crab legs to shrimp or lobster, tilapia, and everything else your taste buds can imagine, choosing which foods to serve won’t be a worry. Bon appétit!